Wednesday 18 July 2012


IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER SPELLCAST

Hello, fiends. 

It's been some time since I've messed around with this particular name, the "Spellcast"... AH THE NOSTALGIA! Speaking of which, a friend of mine recently had a bash at identifying one of the central tenets of nostalgia and attraction in nerds which y'all should have a goosey at. It points out that nostalgia – even nostalgia for imaginary and unreal events – creeps into our every day lives and makes a difference not only to our preferences but also to our perceptions. In all likelihood I'll cover a topic like that in the future myself, in that it crosses over delightfully into the twin territories of music and memetics.

I mean, I
SAY that I'll write about it, but actually finding the time to write at the moment is a little difficult. Expect a little more time before I get into the swing of things.

RIGHT! On to business!

So, for now I'm going to call this shit the Spellcast, since the last regular mix I did was called that, and because it's a semi-decent name, and because I'll be delving into witch house at intervals - especially what the witch house artists have been up to AFTER that scene had sort of collapsed and exhausted itself - and yada yada yada....

However, this doesn't mean that this podcast thingy is in any connected to the label I run - although I am liable to drop exclusives in the future if I want to - this podcast is NOT AFFILIATED WITH AURAL SECTS AT ALL. Got that? Yeah? OKAY THEN,

This is just going to be a thing where I force tracks upon you that I think are good and important. In that order. Sometimes you'll hear my voice. I'll sometimes tell stories, I'll sometimes make jokes, I'll sometimes deliver gossip and sometimes (only very occasionally) I may rant for short, intense bursts. Though you get none of these this time, because there are no inebriates in the house.

I want y'all to get in touch if'n you can and or want to, about this or that or whatever. Send me links to shit, and I'll check them out, don't like a track? Tell me why. Thing my stories are bullshit? Get at me. I'm looking for Utopian-levels of involvement, here.

Tracklistings can be found wherever I sodding damn well please to put them, and I'll try to provide links to places that you can either download from for free, or purchase for monies.




Tracklisting:
Maribel – Jezebel Jive (Keep Shelly In Athens Remix)

Ritualz featuring How I Quit Crack – Eye (Smashing Pumpkins cover) 

VEILS – SOULMATES

VS//YOUTHCLUB – INFINITY

Holy Other – Know Where (Andy Stott Remix)

Emika – 3 Hours (Ghosts Remix) 

Four Tet – Jupiters (Drvg Cvltvre Remix) 

Playground - Spleen (Jérôme Laufer's Zabriskie Point Remix) 

Poor Spirits – !N3V3R SL33P! 

Vitiligo – Requiem

Memory Ghost – Challenger 

PEACHBLACK – NORTHERN WINDs 
[forthcoming on auralsects.bandcamp.com]

/please/ - Heartbeats (the Knife cover) 

????? - Dog Days (Cover) – 
IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THIS CAME FROM PLS HALP

Grimes – Visiting Statue (M¥rrĦ Ka Ba remix) 

Meddicine – Lost Control 

Mark Noyes + The Operators – Eat Yr Face Off 

1 comment: